Monday, January 19, 2009

A LOVELY WEEKEND

Saturday morning I taught the last session of my Beginner Knitter class at Knotty by Nature, and it went really well. I've helped create five more knitters! After the class I found it hard to leave the store ... the energy there was delightful. Stephanie, the store owner, was giving a one-to-one spinning lesson so I watched that for a few minutes, and then this woman brought in her sock-knitting machine to give us a demo ...

(That's Stephanie on the right).

There was also a Saori Weaving class going on downstairs in the studio ...

... which looked totally fun and inspiring and creative!
I did tear myself away, though, and went home to finish the Noros, like I thought I might:

River spent the night on Saturday, and our friends Susan and Sri were here from Qualicum so we had a nice dinner and evening of euchre (and the gals kicked butt for a change)!

Yesterday spring arrived here in Victoria. The sun shone all day, not a cloud in the sky, and Clover Point was calling...

I spent an hour or so there in the morning with a latte and a new pair of socks on the needles ... and it was so lovely that Michael and I went back together in the late afternoon with a picnic supper from the deli, and stayed until...

Today I work at the store ... what a tough life I have. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are still battling the fog up this end of the island, although yesterday was a little sunnier for a little longer.

Sounds like you are getting lots of creative vibe from the store, how wonderful!

-kate