Sunday, October 25, 2009

COWICHAN FLEECE AND FIBRE FAIR

I'm so glad I went to the Cowichan Fleece and Fibre Fair yesterday. On behalf of CommunityKnitters I get an invitation to host the knitting circle and teach beginner knitting, while promoting charity knitting. I always take time to wander ... and spend money ...








And here's the best pic of them all...

I bought a pound of some amazing hand-dyed Romney fleece, too, but forgot to take a picture while it was still light ... later!

Anyway, I'm so glad I went and was surrounded by fibre-y goodness, fibre-y folks, color, texture and creativity all day ... because this morning we will drive up to Qualicum Beach for Susan's memorial. :(

Luckily Joshua has been here this weekend so he'll come back with us instead of his usual train ride (he lives in Qualicum, too) so that'll be a nice distraction on the drive up.

We'll probably spend the night at my sister's, and drive back tomorrow. Now I have to go figure out what knitting I'm taking with me...

No comments: