Friday, October 30, 2009

PULLING MYSELF TOGETHER

... or at least, I'm attempting to.

I went to the spinning circle yesterday, and I'm really glad it was a small group. The spinning wheel never actually made it out of the van, but I brought the gorgeous fleece I bought at the Cowichan Fibre Fair and we combed a bunch of it. Well, mostly Rosalie separated and Alice combed .... I watched and learned and tried to stay focused.

Then Wendy turned up with her stunning finished hand-spun baby blanket ...

... and we ate and laughed and enjoyed each other's company. And nobody else did any spinning either!

This morning I woke up knowing I had to knit something completely FUN ... so I went searching for this pattern, which I knew I had in a binder somewhere. Found, and one created (forgive the 5:30 a.m. lighting, please)!

I think these things are absolutely adorable and right now I feel like knitting about a thousand of them just to keep myself 'cheered up.' I'll go watch the torch relay go by (a block away from me) this morning, and go to Knit'n'Cafe this afternoon, so I think I'll have a good day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Marilyn.

-kate

Esther V. said...

I KNEW I had seen your 'little cork guys' before....Henri, from Denmark, had them all around his house as Xmas time...a VERY popular decoration for the Danish people. Storybooks about them too.

Yours are so sweet. Just didn't expect them to be so tiny...aw!!
good afternoon at Knitting today..thanks!