Wednesday, November 12, 2008

ODDS'n'SODS


It's been raining here. A lot. And apparently it's not done yet. (That photo shows all the new condo construction across from us in the last year, by the way...)

Hailey was here from Whistler for her Dad's celebration on the weekend, so she got her new scarf:

Wendy from Knit'n'Cafe showed up last Friday with SEVEN shawls for the Threads of Compassion program at the local Sexual Assault Centre, so I got those packaged up (along with the four I already had here, one of which I'd knit on our holiday) and delivered day before yesterday:

Here's a close-up of the tag we put on all of them...

And, yes, I *have* been to Clover Point this week ... here's our shiny new yellow pilot boat on its way out to a freighter in the Strait ...

I don't go there nearly as often through the winter months simply because it's colder and I don't like to run my engine any more than I have to -- I miss it already!

Finally ... we are never here on Hallowe'en night when our grandsons go out trick-or-treating because we go up-Island for dinner with our friends, but this year someone took pics of them in their costumes, and my daughter Mischa sent them to me a few days ago. River was some kind of ghoul...

And Gibson was a pirate...

On the knitting front, I finished River's camoflage socks, and I'm nearly finished the gray man-sized gift socks, too!

3 comments:

Georgi said...

The rainbow was beautiful, wish I was there.

Anonymous said...

Hey, can you tell me more about the shawls? Can they be any yarn? I'm going to have time for some bigger charity knitting after Christmas and I love making shawls...

The condo construction is crazy down there! I don't recognize Victoria any more, even after living there for 22 years. I have to look for the bits of my childhood still there....

-kate

Hailey said...

Uhm Ma, I think you used the BAD picture of me and the scarf...not the GOOD picture of me looking extra cute...It's bad when I'm barely mentioned on your blog (Aren't I knitterly enough?!), but then to be mentioned and have ridiculous pictures of me - ugh!
Love you, anyways!
xo,
Hail