Sunday, November 2, 2008

WE NEED AN ARMY OF WOMEN

So I want to recruit you to the Army of Women, an Avon-sponsored effort in the battle against breast cancer. (Please click the link!)

I got this info from Saving Nine.

This is going to be a massive study for breast cancer research and prevention, something I think is important to each and every one of us, as women. So go sign up, please, and spread the word to your mom, your sister, your daughter, your friends.



In fact, I think I'll hold a draw for anyone who posts this info/link on their blog, and lets me know. If you post about the Army of Women on your blog, with a link to the Army of Women website, and then leave a comment for me here with a link to YOUR site, I'll enter your name into a draw for a surprise package (which will be knitterly if you're a knitter, and otherwise if you're not!) Or if you don't have a blog, leave me a comment that you're telling others about the Army of Women, and ask them to comment on my blog that you sent them. Each one gets you an entry into the draw.

SO GO SPREAD THE WORD! I'll keep the contest open until November 20th.

Back to knitting black socks now.... :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just FYI - at the moment only women in the U.S. can take part in the actual Army. If you are outside the U.S. you can donate, etc, but all the research is in the U.S. only.

-Kate

Georgi said...

This is a great idea. I have both joined and posted!(http://toknitandwrite.blogspot.com/2008/11/contests.html)