Sunday, August 24, 2008

AND SHE GETS THE GOLD!

Well, if you look closely at these socks, I really don't deserve the gold, because it was a shoddy performance in a few places, but I'm DONE, DONE, DONE -- last night, in fact.

And yes, they DO look a lot like the other socks I've made .... it seems like I'll never run out of this wool! I've already cast on a pair for Gibson, which will be small, but they should use up the rest of it. And then I feel like I'm ready for socks with a pattern of some sort -- a cable or something -- any suggestions?

Our friends Susan and Sri came down from Qualicum Beach on Friday, and so we snuck out to our favorite anchorage for one overnight, but the forecast last night was for major rain and big winds, so we came home. This morning? Not a drop, and flat calm....

Oh, well, lots to do, so I'm kind of glad we're home! Only 9 more sleeps until our holiday... :-)

2 comments:

Anita said...

I think your socks look great! :)

I sent you an email...just wanted to see if you got it, let me know if you didn't.....

Esther V. said...

WAY TO GO Marilyn...you made the deadline for the closing ceremonies of the Olympics!!
I got 8 blankets joined....they get delivered tomorrow!! YAY.