Friday, August 29, 2008

WHAT FUN!

Yesterday afternoon, while Michael wrestled with batteries (more about that later) and Gibson napped, River and I spent the afternoon together -- and I FORGOT my camera (so the images that follow are either old ones I had, or I found them on royalty-free internet sites).

We started out at the Ogden Point Breakwater Cafe for tuna melts for lunch:

The conversation included thoughts about the up-coming school year (River will be in grade 4 at a local alternative school, and he's excited about going back!), about why he likes to bug his little brother, and about the 'blue ghost' that sometimes follows us around and takes 'pokes' at us or tickles us from behind.

Next stop was McDonald's play place, where River played and I knit the start of a pair of socks for him:

Then onward to Fleming Beach, where the MOST fun was had! Here's some great pics other folks have taken of the park there, where there is a climbing wall, a boat launch, and a picnic area.

But we were on a mission ... to pick blackberries.

To find those at Fleming Beach, you have to go up behind the beach area, and when you find them, you also find -- much to my delight! -- several old military bunkers, complete with tunnels, dungeons, and all manner of things to amuse and entertain 9-year-olds.

These folks have some great pics of the area -- scroll down one entry to Monday, June 25, 2007.

Well, this morning I am scratched and bruised and purple up to my wrists ... but I'll have blackberry muffins for breakfast with River, who ended our great day with a 'sleep-over' at Grandma and Papa's house!

No comments: