Thursday, August 7, 2008

BACK TO THE GRIND :)

Well, after stretching our BC Day long weekend for an extra two days (by goofing off and accomplishing absolutely nothing), it's back to work today! I have an editing job to finish this morning, and then a meeting with the client.

I had a lovely surprise day before yesterday ... my friend Grace gave me this award ...


... and I think I'm supposed to 'pass it on.' So I'm sending it to ...

Ruth at Knitting on Impulse
Stacey at EarthChicknits
Evergreen at Evergreen Knits.

So yesterday's dinghy jaunt through the harbour took us past yet another one of those 'Top 100' yachts in the world.... this one is called 'Senses', it's 194', built in 1999, and it *only* costs about $300,000 a week to charter. The list of 'toys' aboard (apart from that helicopter on the back deck) includes a 30' sailboat, several single and double jet-skis, a 42' launch and a laser sailboat. First, the stern view, and that's the 42' lifeboat ...

And then...


I wonder how much fuel this thing burns on its average outing??

On the way home, we passed this beauty...


Can you guess which boat I like better? :)

Oh, and that weekend project? I started it last Thursday thinking it would be a quick knit over the holiday weekend... HA. It's now a week later, and I'm not finished yet... although there is a light at the end of the tunnel now. Here's a 'sneak peek...'

No comments: