Tuesday, November 9, 2010

BEST LAID PLANS and all that...

Well, we made it out of the harbour yesterday morning, and about half way to Clover Point, before the engine exhaust started smoking like crazy and we could smell rubber burning. We slowed right down and limped back in to the marina before lunch!

Mike and my Michael and a shipwright here on the dock worked on the boat yesterday, and got *that* problem all sorted (this is after 4 days of sorting *other* problems so that we could go), so we'll try again later this week. Mike had to get home to Galiano on the ferry last night, and Michael and I have tickets to a concert here tomorrow night, so maybe Thursday ....

Here's the boat Mike bought ...
It's a 30' 1950 Monk design, and it's palatial compared to the 24' Double Eagle he's been living on for 3 years now. If we can ever get it over to his dock in Whaler Bay, it'll be a lovely home for him!

I'm doing lots of Christmas knitting now, so may not be able to show too much -- I'll post pics as I can. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Mike's boat! He looks like a great mariner and I hope he enjoys his new home. Here's too you all getting away on Thursday! Enjoy your concert.