Monday, November 22, 2010

SECOND POST TODAY

(Scroll down for the first one)!

You *knew* I would put off posting the answer to today's Gratitude Challenge:
Write a short message of thanks for some of the “negative” things in your life.

Just kidding -- the truth is, I've sat here for 20 minutes trying to think of something negative enough to bother writing about. I could whine about my old fridge that makes funny noises and keeps some things too cold; I could whine about the fact that we just installed our third hot water tank in 3 years; I could whine about half a dozen 'little' things, but none of them is bugging me today.

I do get the point of the exercise though ... for example, becoming an alcoholic by the age of 25 (maybe sooner, but that's when I got around to accepting it) was pretty negative at the time -- but thanks to that, I've had 30+ years in recovery and a life beyond my wildest dreams as a result. It's true that negative things in our lives can turn out to be pretty positive -- or just teach us lessons along the way. Right now the biggest negative in my life (which I skimmed over a few days ago when I took on this challenge) IS teaching me - or trying to! - patience and ACCEPTANCE.

There are some things over which I have absolutely no control ... and that's a good thing.  :)

No comments: