Friday, November 26, 2010

OUT OF THE DEEP FREEZE

For the first time in several days, when I woke up this morning and came out of the aft cabin (that's boat-talk for 'bedroom', by the way) into the salon (that's the nautical word for 'living room', by the way) it was WARM. Yes! It's finally back above freezing!

Yesterday I got about 3" knit on a lap blanket I need to finish for Christmas (only about 6" to go now, so I think I'm good) and printed out a pattern for a test knit pair of Gibson-sized mittens. 

Today is Knit'n'Cafe, and today's Gratitude Challenge is this:
Enjoy the people around you. Take a moment to appreciate their unique talents, abilities and personalities.

I can't think of a better place to do that!

I *was* supposed to go to Tofino (again!) today, but that's been cancelled again -- we'll try again in the spring, I guess. So since I had intended to celebrate an impending birthday there, I think I'll go *somewhere* on Sunday for 24 hours, with a lot of Christmas knitting and a Starbuck's card.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: