Sunday, November 28, 2010

SUNDAY

I have packed enough knitting for at least a week, one change of clothes and my jammies -- and I'm off!

I'm checking in to a nice quiet place out on the peninsula. I decided, since I would have had an extra day to myself in Tofino, if I'd gone, that I would just create that extra day anyway. :-) So the idea was my birthday present to myself -- but at my request, each of our children contributed financially so that amounted to enough money to pay for it.  How fun is that??

I'll be back tomorrow afternoon sometime. With more Christmas knitting DONE.

Yay!

(Oops, I almost forgot to catch you up on the gratitude challenge. Yesterday's was:
Send thank you notes to five people who deserve a little recognition.
Well, I haven't done it yet, but I have the list of people, and I'm taking those cards with me to finish on this little retreat -- they'll go in the mail on Monday.

And today's challenge is:
Pick one of your five senses to focus on each day. Take note of how many gifts come to you via that single port of entry. Write about this experience.

I started off this morning focusing on smells. River has decided he needs to wear deodorant now, so I became aware of that smell right away. I also noticed the smell of the felt pens that Gibson was coloring with, and the smell of the Christmas present wool blanket as I was weaving in the ends this morning. Then I met Esther for breakfast, and was really aware of all the smells in the restaurant.

Walking home I noticed the smell of the air -- THAT was the 'gift' so far today. Even though I live right downtown, the smell of the air this morning took me right back to being 8 years old and walking the path to my school on a crisp autumn prairie morning!  Lovely ....

No comments: