Saturday, January 12, 2008

AND WE'RE OFF!

30 years ago today I went to the bar with a girlfriend -- which I wasn't going to do -- and went home with some guy I'd just met -- which I wasn't going to do.

That guy is out picking up a few groceries right now, and then -- after many moons of sobriety and other assorted good living -- we are away for our 30th anniversary celebration!



When you're an 'old married couple' like us, here's what you take for a weekend away:

Your multi-vitamins
His two favorite movies
My basket of knitting
His Saturday newspaper
My novel I've been trying to start reading since Christmas
The cribbage cards and board

Sounds like a great time to me! I won't post again until Monday evening or Tuesday morning ... oh, I also intend to do a lot of counting sheep, so I thought I'd leave you with some while I'm away...

3 comments:

Monica said...

Congratulations Marilyn and Michael.
You're such a lovely couple. Not easy to find.

Barbara-Kay said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you know how to pack right!

Grace said...

Congrats to the both of you!!!! Hope the weekend was wonderful