Monday, January 21, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON

34 years ago this morning, I was on my way to the hospital to give birth to my first-born. I was 21 years old, more or less single, and terrified at the prospects of raising a child -- but excited and happy at the same time.

Jason made his appearance at 10:36 a.m. and weighed in at 8 pounds, 12 ounces.





As parents, we like to think that it's because of us that our children grow up alright, but in my case, I'm pretty sure that it's in spite of me that mine did!



Today, at 34, Jason is a man who lives his life with integrity and is a pleasure to be around. He is my son, my neighbour, and my friend ... and I'm proud to be his Mom. Happy Birthday, Jason!

2 comments:

Grace said...

Sick here too but wanted to wish Jason a very happy birthday!!

Louisa said...

I was just reading back a bit in your blog and suddenly realised that your son Jason shares a birthday with my son Simon. They're the same age exactly! How often does that happen, hey? Of course Jason was twice Simon's size since he was a premie and spent a month in an incubator.

Glad I discovered your blog, Marilyn! I enjoy the seafaring stuff you write about and your reporting background makes for some interesting reading.