Friday, January 11, 2008

SAXE POINT PARK

I was invited to a meeting last night made up of 'stakeholders' in a fledgling Esquimalt tourism association, becauae of the fact that I hold the final day of the Victoria Fibre Festival at Saxe Point Park there.

The meeting was the perfect kick-off to starting the serious planning for this year's event (well, that's not entirely true ... I booked my special guest three days after last year's event, and I booked the park the minute the office opened in January ...) and you'll be hearing a lot more about it over the next few months.

Mark the dates in your calendar now ... Victoria's 6th Annual Knit-Out/FibreFest will take place June 20th to 22nd, 2008. The weekend will unfold much the same as last year ... a dinner and fashion show on Friday night, classes and a 'yarn crawl' on Saturday during the day, my guest 'talk' on Saturday evening, and then, of course, the grand finale -- the Market (and demos and prizes and much other knitterly fun!) at Saxe Point Park on Sunday. Quadra Island's FUN KNITS Yarn Shop (I call it "The little shop that could...") will be our major sponsor again this year!

Here's the park ... isn't it beautiful? Wanna come knit (and spin and weave and shop for yarny goodies, and meet other knitters and spinners and weavers and shoppers) with us?




Stay tuned for more ... including my announcement about this year's special guest, no later than February 1st!

1 comment:

Grace said...

how exciting wish I lived alot closer!