Saturday, January 19, 2008

WINTER DOLDRUMS

The 'Winter Doldrums' swap (check out my sidebar) is posting a weekly topic, and the participants get entered in to a contest if they blog about them. So here's this week's topic:

Weekly Topic: Dishrag. Dishcloth. Face cloth. I've seen folks get all fired up in forums when someone refers to their knit or crochet creation as a dishrag, as that's somehow offensive to them! When you're working on yours, what do you call them? Also, is there a difference between a dishrag and a dishcloth? How bout a facecloth? Are they all really the same thing?

Actually, I've taken to calling them 'Spaaaaaaaaaahhh cloths' because then all three of my grown kids like receiving them! lol Besides, it definitely sounds 'classier' than 'dishrag.' And, bottom line, I don't care what other people call them OR use them for once I've gifted them!

Anyway, we got our 'swap partner assignments today, so I may get started tomorrow.

No comments: