Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A SURPRISE VISIT

We take care of two of our grandsons three days a week. River is in school, so we're his 'day care' after school, but Gibson is not quite two, so he's with us all day. I say 'us' but really it's mostly Michael that takes care of him. Between my freelance writing and things like planning for the FibreFest, I don't have as much free time - but Michael does, and can't imagine a better way to spend it than 'hanging out' with Gibson.

Well, today, just when I'd finished my work and was settling in to work on the Secret of the Stole "Hint #1", we had a water pipe burst at the marina (the temperature's been getting down to freezing at night the last few nights) and it was spraying water all over the boat owner's electrical cord. NOT a good situation! So Michael came home from our daughter's to deal with it -- and left Gibson with me for awhile. I don't think it's possible to resist being offered a toy to play with ....



... or playing peek-a-boo ...


... or listening to a future rock star play his electric guitar (while calling his mommy on the phone to get her to listen!) ...


They just don't come much cuter, I can tell you that! And there aren't TOO many things more captivating than knitting a beautiful lace stole, but having a surprise visit with Gibson is definitely one of them.

No comments: