Friday, May 8, 2009

FRIDAY - YAY!

It's been a loooooooong week ... I'm SO looking forward to Knit'n'Cafe today! (Bev, when ARE you coming back? I miss you!)

I finished the blue-and-brown socks last night; I was sorting through my pictures, and discovered that I've already made TWELVE pairs of socks in 2009. That's a lot, isn't it? Imagine that -- I have a head start on Christmas presents! And I'm casting on another pair today, a test knit for a Salt Spring Island designer that I'm really looking forward to making.

The last few days have looked a lot like this...

... but I was cheered up when Hailey sent me this picture of her friend Micah's new baby boy Daniel, swathed in the blanket I knit for him:

Isn't he adorable? (Oh, yeah, and so is Hailey... lol)

4 comments:

Karen said...

What a gorgeous picture - content (multi-layered : your 'baby', new baby, blanket) - and the format.

Hailey said...

Wee Daniel is more beautiful than I - He's even got a nice tan!

Grace said...

adorable picture!

Unknown said...

Thanks so MUCH for the beautiful blanket, cap and sockies, Marilyn! Hailey's taught me the fine art of swaddling (though I still can't do it as well as she does).

Hugs!

Mica