Thursday, May 14, 2009

WOMEN'S WORK

My friend Wendy is involved with a new art gallery in Colwood overlooking the Esquimalt Lagoon, and she sent an email out last week about a show they're having this month. It's called Memory, History and Family, and runs until May 25; exhibited will be "works in any medium that remind us of our roots, with accompanying stories by the artist about the relevant significance of the piece."

For this week, an event called Women's Work is happening as part of that show. In addition to a display of aprons, past and present, several of us will be knitting, spinning, carding and drop spindling from noon until 5 pm for the next 4 days. I have some lovely, colorful socks on the needles that should be perfect!

(As an aside, I'm getting tired of socks and scarves .... gotta cast on something different soon....)

The Intermediate Knitting class I'm teaching at Knotty by Nature finished last night ... and there's three more knitters in the world now. :) My Saturday class ends this weekend, and there's four students doing really well in that one, too. I love teaching but it's getting close to FibreFest now so I don't have the time -- and after it's over, I like to go play all summer, so no more classes for me until October!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Morning Marilyn Congratulations on the editing job accolade. And for the heads-up on this Gallery.

Unknown said...

WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!