Thursday, May 28, 2009

MUST BE SUMMER

...because the big-ass yachts start arriving from all over the world.

This one is the 150' 'Time for Us,' it's owned by some Kansas real estate dude, it cost over $30 million to build a few years ago, it has a crew of ten, and it can be chartered for a mere $200,000 USD weekly.

Oh, you just lost your job? your house? Too bad about that...

As much as I love boats, and elegant design work, and being blessed with the wherewithal to cruise in my little corner of the world, I also get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach every time I see one of these.

This is much more my style, personally...

Although it looks a little 'worse for wear' at the moment (which is probably why it's coming in to the Point Hope Shipyard across from us), the Rolano is Sushi on the Sea at the Sooke Ocean Resort B & B in the Sooke Harbour. She's an 80' motorsailor with a crew of 4. And no hot tub. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a contrast!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this one for sure. My husband's cousin was piloting one of those massive boats and came up here so husband and son went to see the boat. Crazy crazy crazy stuff.

-kate