Wednesday, May 13, 2009

LOVIN' LIFE

Many of you know that I'm a freelance writer/editor when I'm not playing with boats or knitting.

I love my job. I don't have to work very hard to make decent money, I can work in my jammies at 5:00 a.m. and be done for the day, if I want to be, by 10:00. I can turn down projects if there's anything I'm not comfortable with (and I have!); I also get to meet lots of interesting people, and learn about interesting subjects that I might not otherwise come across in my life. And, occasionally, there are other rewards, too.

Generally speaking, most clients cut you a cheque, shake your hand, and ride off into the proverbial sunset. But yesterday I had coffee with a client whose book is 'hot off the press' and he wanted to make sure I got a copy.

This job was a challenge ... what do I know about investing? Much of this book was in some kind of foreign language to me -- formulas and mathematical concepts and I don't get along so well. But Dr. Kinarthy's easy-going writing style and demeanor made it much easier, and I got it done.

Yes, the book *is* autographed, but more importantly...

... this dude knows how to say thanks!

(Oh, and if the book interests you, you can buy it here!

3 comments:

Esther V. said...

WAY TO GO, Marilyn!!!

Hailey said...

Awesome Work Mumma!
xoxo,
h.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

I love the projects where I don't know as much of the subject matter, it keeps my mind moving!

-kate