Monday, May 4, 2009

WELL THAT WAS FUN

... even though I didn't get some work done that I should have. But the fair was in town, what can I say? It's been a long time since I've seen the world from the top of a ferris wheel!

And never before with my favorite 10-year-old.

Yesterday I participated in a class put on by the store called 'From Sheep to Skein' which will run for 3 more Sunday afternoons. I offered the marina patio and the day turned out perfect. We washed wool - lotsa wool!


Wool before...

Wool after ...

Wool enjoying the view from the top...

I now have about a pound of lovely Corriedale drying on a rack -- and next Sunday we'll be 'picking' and carding it. Then, the following week, we'll spin our wool on a drop spindle, and dye it if we want. I loved the washing process, and can hardly wait to do the rest!

Off to work at the store today ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, what an ambitious class. The finished pieces will be memorable.

Hailey said...

I love River's Expression here - he's so funny when he makes that face!