Friday, November 1, 2013

IF IT'S NOVEMBER 1st ....

... it must be time for NaBloPoMo! And, in spite of the fact that I'm completely out of the habit of blogging now, I'm foolish enough to try, for the 3rd or 4th year in a row, to blog every day for a whole month. Maybe it'll be just what I need to kick-start the routine again? We'll see ... one day at a time!

For my loyal readers, I'll start by saying all's well in our little corner of the world, in general. That little corner is still Salt Spring Island, we're still afloat, still married, and still sober. I'm still knitting, still loving my kids and grandkids, and still being the local Welcome Wagon person. I still love my life. :-)

Some of the highlights since last time I blogged are:

1. The new anchorage we discovered in Ganges Harbour, called Churchill Beach ...
It's really that beautiful, and just enough 'off the beaten path' to feel like we were alone, and yet close enough to dinghy into 'town' - Ganges - if we needed anything. Watching the dinghy races was fun...
We returned here several times over the summer (it's only an hour's cruise from our dock, so a perfect day trip or weekend getaway) and will again next summer, I'm sure! 

2: Lots of time with our grandsons, of course! They're growing up way too fast ...  

3. A visit from our old friends Ed and Jenn and their family from Alberta. We did a 3-day cruise to Bedwell Harbour with them, and Jenn and I drove up Mt. Maxwell:
4. Several day trips to our old favorite anchorage at Russell Island:
5. Being with Jason for the grand opening of the Victoria Public Market at the Hudson .... Jason is on the board of directors and this project was several years in the making, but will be huge for downtown Victoria!
6. Attending the Westcoast Workboat Association's fall rendezvous in Ganges. I've been doing a bit of writing for the Islands Marketplace publication here on Salt Spring, so this was an event I covered... 
 
7. Much knitting has taken place, of course. One of my favorite accomplishments was this christening shawl, done in crochet cotton - it's 4' in diameter! 
8. Just this past weekend I went to Knit City in Vancouver with WEFT Magazine, my not-so-new-anymore west coast fibre-related newsletter -- and then carried on up to Whistler for a few days with Hailey!
Nice of her to wear a toque I knit her for Christmas last year! 

 Howe Sound from a lookout on the way to Whistler...
 A little walk around Nita Lake after lunch with Hailey and her friends...

Okay, that was a looooooooooong overview, looooooooooooong overdue!

Tomorrow... more knitting, and being in the fog.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see your picture retrospective.

Anonymous said...

So happy to 'see' you again!!