Friday, November 22, 2013

MORNING MIST

I'm almost always up by 5 a.m. That's my quiet knitting time, and I love it - the phone doesn't ring, no one will come to the door, there are no boats moving around in the harbour and the ferry hasn't fired up for the day yet. And Michael always sleeps until at least 8 a.m.

Of course, these days it's not light out until at least 7 a.m. - which is when I put the knitting down for a break, open the curtains and have a look out at the day. The thermometre has dipped below zero (but only just) the last few nights, so it's been cold out there. This is what it looked like in Fulford Harbour when I opened the curtains this morning...

Doesn't that look cold to you?

And then I looked out another window...
... and there was a mist about a foot high on the water. Out another window...
... these are some old abandoned boathouses in the corner of the bay ... and the same mist. 

Then I noticed it was moving. Within 10 minutes it had all dissipated completely, and we had amazing blue sky all day. 

It was still cold, though! 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a totally awesome view! I love your life, too! :-)