Tuesday, November 5, 2013

STILL IN VICTORIA

Yesterday was a long but productive day ... I met Julie and Robert for brekkie, and then got all my shopping done and errands run before the boys got out of school. (And Julie got good news ... her treatment is working, yay)!

When I picked the boys up we discovered that Gibson's skateboard had been left in Mischa's van - and I don't have the keys. So instead of going to the skateboard park (the #2 activity choice for these two, the #1 activity being playing with something electronic... sigh...), we opted to go for a long walk out on the Victoria breakwater. Here's what it used to look like...
Here's an old photo of it from the air...
It juts out into the Juan de Fuca for half a mile! During the past two years, Victoria's First Nations have painted an amazing mural along the inside of it, and last year the municipality installed gaurd rails all along to make it safer. Here's what it looks like now...
We didn't make it quite to the end because there was a cold wind off the water, but it was fun, anyway. River and Gibson are so funny ... they were absolutely certain a walk on the breakwater would be 'borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnnnng' - but from the minute we stepped onto it, they had fun. Now, if only I had thought to bring the USB cable for my camera from Salt Spring, I could show you the pictures *I* took instead of these old stock images!

I'll be getting the boys out the door to school this morning, going for some groceries, and heading back out to the ferry. I love being away, and I love hanging out with my grandsons. And I love going home.  :)


No comments: