Tuesday, November 26, 2013

WinterCraft

As a juried member of the Salt Spring Arts Council, I am now invited to participate in the annual winter Art Show and Sale ... opening this Friday and happening daily until Dec. 23rd. Today was set-up day at the hall, and I wasn't actually ready .... so I was relieved when I arrived to find that they weren't sure where they were putting everyone yet, so they weren't ready either! That meant I got a reprieve ... until Thursday morning.

I just have a few little things left to do ... a couple of I-cord ties for some lacy little knitted gift bags, finishing up the descriptions/care instructions on all the tags, making sure everything is properly priced, etc. I will have several coaster ('mug rug') sets in Christmas laciness there, as well as some of my shawls, and several cowls. I lowered most of my prices since the summer show, and I'm excited to be part of this one! Here's one of the pieces I'll have at WinterCraft...
It's a circular tablecloth (or christening shawl?) in crochet cotton, knit on size 2.75 mm needles. It took a little while to knit. ;)

Tomorrow is the Welcome Wagon Christmas staff lunch in Victoria, so I won't have time to do any of that until tomorrow evening. I'll take along a couple of toques I've started for the ferry rides ... one has to get mailed away to our old buddy Mike, who has moved to Winnipeg, soon, if it's going to make it there before Christmas. The other is for the local Santas Anonymous Christmas dinner ... I'm hoping to create several little gifts for that event, and get some other local knitters to help, too.

And then Thursday is the deadline to get my application in to the Salt Spring Weavers and Spinners Guild (of which I'm a member) for their spring show at ArtSpring Theatre called 'Eye for Color.'  I'm *really* excited about this project .... each Guild member partners with any other artist in the community (many choose painters, but the other artist can be a photographer, a painter, a graphic artist, or whatever), picks a theme, and then collaborates within their respective skills to produce two coordinating pieces. As you can see if you clicked on that link, the results are amazing!

I'll be partnering with a very talented local young photographer by the name of Billie Woods (who is also a knitter, that's how we met) - and if you click on that link, that's her voice singing as well. She's in Europe doing some singing gigs and taking pictures as we speak... so I wouldn't be surprised if our theme will be 'architecture' or something like that. :-)

Then on Friday, apparently our children have invited us to Victoria again for  dinner (because apparently it's my birthday) - fun! :)

1 comment:

Louisa said...

Your tablecloth/shawl is stunning! Can't believe you'd actually sell it - so much work to knit. Best of luck with your sales!