Saturday, November 2, 2013

TEACHING AGAIN

Today is the first day of my classes at Stitches Fibre Arts, one of the two local yarn stores. I'm excited to be teaching again! I have a beginner knitting class this morning (for two Saturdays) and then this afternoon is the start of a 4-week 'Intermediate knitting' class.

Speaking of knitting, I've done plenty since I posted last, in addition to the christening blanket I showed you yesterday. A couple of shawls have been completed, but I have to find the pictures I took -- here's one, anyway:
And I've done a few cowls... my personal favorite was this one, my own design and dripping in beads...
I'm currently working on a circular blanket as a baby blanket for my niece's first baby, due in January. This is my sister Julie's daughter Doneen, and she's having a girl - and she requested red! So I had 14 skeins of this lovely 'slubby' cotton in my stash, and found a vintage doily pattern to start the centre with ....
You can see that it's a flower surrounded by hearts. I improvised after that, and I'm now on the final 6", which is a modified 'feather and fan' pattern. It will be almost 4' in diameter, finished and blocked.

I woke up to lots of rain this morning, but it's been foggy for a couple of weeks now. This was at the harbour authority dock next to the Rock Salt restaurant here in Fulford...

Victoria's sail-training tall ship, the Pacific Grace, was anchored off Russell Island the last time we went out there...
 And this rig came in to do some clean-up of the old broken-up marina next door ...
Tomorrow I'm off to Victoria for a few days to look after the boys while Mischa goes to a conference in Vancouver, so that'll be fun!



















1 comment:

Deidre said...

The cowl is beautiful! i just finished knitting my first cowl. It turned out ok.

Stopping by from the nablopomo blog roll! And I'm loving your blog.