Thursday, November 3, 2011



Made it into Ganges yesterday afternoon, and everything took forevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver. I didn't get home until 4:30! It was just one of those days.... the brake part hadn't arrived when I got there to pick it up (it was being couriered from somewhere off-Island), so then I went grocery shopping with 'old' Mike (that's our nickname for our friend to differentiate him from 'my' Mike), then back to the parts place ...then back to the grocery store to get the things I forgot the first time. You know. By the time I got home it was pouring rain and miserable.

This morning looks considerably brighter, and I have another busy day ahead. I may or may not go into Ganges, again this morning, for the Guild meeting, but I will definitely go to knitting at the Rock Salt this afternoon. And then this evening there's a new women's 12-step meeting here in Fulford to check out. And in the meantime, there's knitting to be done, and pumpkin seeds to roast. I've got about 8" done on the current shawl, and nearly finished a pair of Gibson-sized socks for Christmas!

Today's PHOTO OF THE DAY:
My view across Fulford Harbour at 8:00 a.m. this morning when the sun came up behind the marina. The fall colors here are stunning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a stunning picture Marilyn!
I believe the fall leaves are more colorful there on Salt Spring than they are in Victoria. Glad to see you're (literally) back on your feet again and enjoying your life. Sending you warm thought from "down east"!