Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A NEW RAVELRY GROUP

I have started a new Ravelry group for fibre folks who live in the Canadian Gulf Islands! I've been a member of the Vancouver Island group for a few years, but this is even more specific .... I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels 'isolated' as a fibre person here in the Islands, and yet there are hundreds of us! I went looking for my favorite photo to create the group's 'banner' and badge, and found it...
This photo is taken from the anchorage at Cabbage Island Marine Park (on the edge of the Strait of Georgia), and encompasses all of the southern Gulf Islands pretty much from Nanaimo in the north (right side of the picture) to the US border in the south (left side). I love it!

Oh, and if the group interests you, you can find it (or pass it on) here (if you're a Ravelry member).

It's gloomy and rainy and windy and we're rockin' and rollin' again ... and I'm warm and dry and knitting. :-)

No comments: