Wednesday, November 30, 2011

AWWWW....

I mentioned the other day that I missed the 1 pm ferry coming back to Salt Spring from Victoria, so I never made it to knitting at the Rock Salt. What I didn't mention was that as we drove off the later ferry (3:35 pm) at Fulford, there was my friend Esther standing waiting to walk on to that ferry to return to Victoria .... she had come over (on the ferry we missed) hoping to surprise me for my birthday! So we pulled over in the parking lot and had about a 3-minute visit before she had to get on the ferry we'd just gotten off ... I felt so bad that I'd missed her!

Well, today I went to a meeting in Fulford (about a Christmas event here on Dec. 16th -- I'll be attempting to start a first-ever Christmas boat parade, but that's a post for another day) and stopped in to the Rock Salt for a coffee to take with me. A waitress whom I didn't think had ever even laid eyes on me said, "Oh! I have something for you!" and passed me an envelope.

In it was a hand-made birthday card from Esther, that she'd left with the staff there when I hadn't showed up! How sweet is this??
Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness, Esther!

Aren't friends wonderful?

3 comments:

Linda said...

Snap .. I have the same card.

"Skipper" said...

Yup, I just got a note from Esther correcting my misunderstanding .... apparently it's not hand-made, but it sure looks it to me. And it was definitely the thought that counted, in this case!

Esther V. said...

Glad I emailed you first!!!!
The entire box of cards bought at Costco are the same type...they really do look homemade.
See you soon!